Development begun March 2022. Product announced Oct 2022.
Alpha release targeted for first quarter of 2023.
MissionExisting development tools leave a vast distance between subject matter experts and those with the programming skills to implement a business, financial, engineering, or other process.
Further, actually deploying and supporting an application are additional challenges requiring additional skills.
SweptApp removes these gaps. From a business perspective, the key features are:
- Accessible to non-developers - Allows a subject matter expert to describe the data flow and processing of a business or other process.
- Provides a simple yet robust web-accessible application implementing this flow
- Facilitates QA - Allows easy definition of test cases which may be automatically repeated as features are added.
- Web services for free - Automatic generation of web services which match the UI to allow data interchange with other applications.
From a technical perspective, several of the standouts are:
- Data definition equals input and output - the framework handles temporary and persisted data. Input and output, whether UI or automated web services, are automatic.
- Tasks - Most languages support an equivalent of functions. The Sweptapp framework additionally supports full tasks as a basic part of the language- sets of input, processing, and output steps.
- Effective dates - automatic support of data evolving over time are supported. Examples are prices which are periodically updated or annual changes in tax rates.
We will initially partner with selected domain experts (individuals or companies) to prove the efficacy of the tool and then open access for general use.